29 March 2011
28 March 2011
27 March 2011
25 March 2011
21 March 2011
…and probably the best infinity pool ever.
He, however, wanted an un-cunning easy peasy thing he could do when he got home from work of an evening so I used some of the leftovers. I sautéed the man’s scallops, set them aside, added bought in pasta sauce and some of Kathy’s great cream cheese mixture and stirred them together over low heat to form a thick sauce. I was going to serve them for dinner with linguini and some crunchy garlicky crumbs but we were so full he just froze it for later. I told him he can just use cream cheese or cream instead of Kathy’s great goo.
Luckily it is what passes for a cold day here; grey and windy and therefore not quite so sad to leave. My next blog will probably be from the UK and more down to earth!
17 March 2011
12 March 2011
9 March 2011
- I made normal French Toast substituting the coffee for the milk and cream in the original recipe.
- I did the same again with sugar. Conclusion – better but not very coffee-ish. (As a quasi bonus, making this second batch, I also found myself with a small coffee omelette having poured the dregs of the soaking mixture into the pan).
- Without much faith, to try and up the coffee flavour, I tried just soaking the bread in neat sweetened coffee (no egg) and the result was yummy – soft in the middle but crisp round the edges.
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce instead of the grated chocolate.
- Make a chocolate sandwich and soak in coffee before frying.
- Add rum or similar to the coffee.
- All of the above at the same time.
7 March 2011
4 March 2011