Pages

Save the Children Lunch at St. Petroc's Bistro



~  Menu ~

“Pizza Bianca” with Mushrooms & Black Garlic
Secret Red

In the fridge today was a small dish of leftover Alfredo Sauce, 2 mushrooms and half a pizza base.  Lunch was immediately obvious ...


See here for Alfredo Sauce recipe (used in a similar way!) – I just spread the cold sauce on the base and topped with the mushrooms, coarsely chopped black garlic, grated Gran Padano and coarsely ground black pepper.  Talk about Lunch!

Speaking of which yesterday my friend Carol and I partook of lunch at St. Petroc’s Bistro – one of Rick Stein’s many eateries in Padstow.  It was a special menu to raise money for Save the Children.  


 I had …

Seafood Soup
Baked Cod with Garlic
Orange Tart with Crème Fraîche

Carol had …

Smoked Trout with Horseradish Cream
Seafood Thermidore
Panna Cotta with Poached Rhubarb and a (perfect) Shortbread

It was both good value and delicious with excellent friendly service but I do have a small demur - it was a very, very, very, very garlicky meal.  Not only was the cod topped with whole garlic cloves but the dish of perfectly cooked cabbage served with the meal was at least 25% al dente slices of garlic.  Now I don’t mind a bit of garlic, me, but my real man was appalled when he got home and had to feed me humbugs throughout the evening to try and clear the air!


Periodic Tables – oddly enough!

I have seen a few unusual periodic tables on the net recently; 

But the very best one I have seen is this  …



... simple yet effective.

2 comments:

Jenny Eatwell said...

Oh, now that's my kind of periodic table. LOL Gosh, that much garlic would have put me under the table, scratching like a dog with fleas. Garlic does that to me, you see!
I know it's good for you, but that much can't be good for everyone around you. :)

debs said...

now thats what i call a pizza!looks delish!as for al dente garlic no thankyou!