Pages

Ice Cream for Breakfast!



I have found writing a cooking book to be a little fattening - the combination of having to "test" recipes by eating the results and sitting on my bottom all day has had a spreading effect. 

Luckily I have found the perfect antidote - proofreading.  I was on what, to me at least, seemed a tight deadline so forgot to eat and burnt off extra calories by stomping about a lot and talking to myself.  


So having sent the proofs off yesterday I had a rather luxurious and celebratory (albeit unseasonal) breakfast this morning - homemade Blueberry Ice Cream (made using my easy no churn ice cream recipe) with granola. Blueberries and granola are both considered healthy choices, after all!


homemade blueberry ice cream with granola for breakfast

Because of this I then ate a modest lunch ...

~  Menu  ~

Italian Herb Cornish Gouda on Toast
A small bowl of dipping soup
Glass of Red
dipping cheese on toast into leftover soup



You may remember I wrote about Cornish Gouda earlier in the month - lovely stuff and as I mentioned the Italian Herb variety is particularly good toasted.  I had a modicum of spicy tomato and bean soup leftover from last night so used this to dip my cheese on toast.  All very satisfying. 




News from the Future


My aforementioned book was published in March, 2013. Originally titled The Leftovers Handbook a second edition is now available and is called Creative Ways to Use Up Leftovers.  In it I give all the information, ideas, recipes, handy hints, cook’s treats, storage info, ideas of what goes with what that I can think of for over 450 possible leftovers. 

definitive leftovers cookbook
Read more here!


No comments: