19 March 2013

Sorry ~ 2½ apologies!

Hello!

Just on the off chance anyone has noticed a bit of hiatus in my blogging I'd like to apologise - due to flu turned to sinusitis for the last 3 and a bit weeks I haven't been anywhere, ready much or eaten anything of interest.  I have had some nice naps but not worth writing about.

However yesterday I felt I was on the mend and by this evening I was ready for lunch!

~  Menu  ~

Panko Crusted Salmon Cake
Roasted Asparagus and Tenderstem Broccoli
Roasted Garlic Mayonnaise
White Wine Spritzer
Homemade Buttered Rum and Ginger Ice Cream

My real man had a Shepherds Pie-ish dinner (thank you Carol for the pasty filling!) and I kept back a little of the mash to go with some cooked salmon from the freezer.  I always like to coat shallow fried things with panko (see here for lots of ideas and, incidentally, does anyone know why this is my most popular post ever?  I knew I could do it again!)  I tossed the veg in olive oil with crunchy sea salt and put them in the oven for the last few minutes of the pie cooking.  M & S roasted garlic mayo and there was a delicious and easy meal for a poor old thing who still feels a bit floppy. 



Dessert was also from the freezer and I was lucky it was there - having finished my 'Lush Ice Cream without a Machine' we do seem to suffer from a dearth of ice cream.



I also apologise for the second-ratedness of the photos; I usually take my pics in natural light and I couldn't find my light box etc.  That's what comes of eating lunch at 7.45 pm.

Oh - and for the fact that this post is a bit boring - I try to be more interesting next time!

In other news ...

My book "The Leftovers Handbook" is to be published either on 21st March (according to Amazon) or 29th March (according to my publishers) - either way I am excited. 

Pin It!

No comments: