Pages

Tomatoes from the Jungles of Holland!

pretty multi coloured cherry tomatoes

~  Menu  ~

A Crunchy Peanut Butter and Cheese Patty
Jungle Tomato Salad
White Wine Spritzer

dutch jungle tomatoes pinterest image

I know quite a lot about food so was surprised to only recently discover that lovely tomatoes can be found in the jungles of Holland.
Quelle Surprise as the Dutch doubtless say.

These little darlings not only looked good they were sweet and delicious, I ate them as part of a peculiar little test lunch.


I have less than a  month to submit the manuscript of my book (see below) and so much to eat before I do so.

Pin to spread this exciting news!  

Today I tried munging together crunchy peanut butter and cream cheese with grated cheddar and breadcrumbs to make a nutty cheese patty type thing.  It worked!  


peanut butter and cream cheese fritter with tomato salsa

I really thought it wouldn't which is why I only made one and am still a bit peckish.  Perhaps I’d  better test something else in a minute.

lovely stone built pele tower in northumberland

We are still Up North and probably will be so for a while – lots of things to sort out here.  Sometimes, however, we have time for a little relaxation and yesterday we went to Ponteland which was a very surprising village near Newcastle.  


Ponteland (pronounce pont ee land, not pontiland as some southerners think - I know, I am one) is a pretty little place, lots of grass and trees, a river, lovely buildings of old golden stone, an ancient pele tower and a Waitrose!!  


Yes, that’s what I thought - a whole Waitrose in one village! We've only got one in all of Cornwall.  Obviously the whole thing about it being “grim Up North” is a lie.


So that’s it I’m afraid – I have so much to do and have limited internet time as I’m afraid I’m on the dongle.  At my age!


My Book on Leftovers ~ News from the Future


My book was published in March, 2013. Originally titled The Leftovers Handbook a second edition is now available and is called Creative Ways to Use Up Leftovers.  

In it I give all the information, good ideas and I can think of for over 450 possible leftovers. 

the ultimate leftovers cookbook!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What gorgeous little tomatoes, and a great little patty, would never have thought to combine cream cheese and peanut butter, but looks and sounds great.
Cheers
Marcus